Powered By Blogger

Thursday 14 January 2016

The Haining

Finally got 5 designs for the cushions

I had originally only planed four designs but I couldn't decide which design to leave out, so now its five. The Haining House was a must because that is after all the project!



I decided to just go for it and get on with the task ahead.......

                                Using the Batik method I done before on the test cushions.





Didnt use this design as felt it was to busy

didnt use this cushion either


reeds I had drawn






trying to create patterns 

Using the hot wax


painting the design







The hot wax when ironed left a bigger outlined than I had planned
This would need looked into more if the cushions were to be chosen for the shop at the cafe
However, only notice on the darker fabric





While the cushions are not to a finished standard I would be happy to present them as an idea. I would try different fabrics and mediums to get the best possible finish. I also did two cushions on a darker fabric just to show different colour samples for the material.

I've learnt alot doing this project and if I was to get the opportunity to do it again I would definitely do it different (maybe not even the cushions!) From the first planning and setting out to the last end result. To be a designer is harder than it looks and I known I think to much. Next project I'm keeping it basic but the planning strong!!

1 comment: