Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 November 2015

Ink Block Printing

Tools needed: Black/colour ink, roller, tray, wood engravings/stamps and paper

This was a test to see how much ink was needed to get a good strong clear press of a letter and also to give the example in my book that I had looked into the process of Letter Pressing. Using the block lettering very roughly.
 I haven't properly looked into this way of printing but wanted to try out the basic way of making a stamp. How much ink, pressure and effect it had.

Maybe to some this is a question of why bother.... but to me it adds questions........then question need answers!
Time will come....



I like using ink as I enjoy that the outcome and preparation that comes down to research and disciplining for the best possible result.
I've learnt that Letter pressing and Typography are similar but in fact are actually very different. Something I should explain now but not confident enough to try at this point in time. I dont like to just copy and paste.

I wish I had the knowledge that I have now, when we had our talk with Humphrey Weightman the Graphic Designer. In order to learn I think speaking and doing works best for me to take it in. The actually meaning rather, than reading this and that is why etc....You may as well say just because!!! I'm not doing Letter Pressing or Typography enough to know the different and how or why the difference is important. However, this is something that will come in time. Understanding of things is important and I believe in most cases knowledge is power.


PLUS IM DOING ART & DESIGN NOT GRAPHIC DESIGN SO IF NEEDED I'LL ENLIST THE HELP OF MR WEIGHTMAN who only lives in Coldstream, which I could then visit and has probably got some connection with the Border Reivers as it sits on the Scottish/English border.... Maybe just maybe the path is already set and I have to just follow the signs, learning as I go.....

Does things happen for a reason?

Did the fact I watched Bob Ross as a young teenager have the makings of the bigger picture?

The fact that when working across from an Art Gallery I felt compelled to go and look at the print in the window.......then entered the shop and actually buy it!!! (The Kiss Gustav Klimt)

Does art define us?

What and why does art mean to each individual and how can a picture say so many things to each person?

Why and what brought me here and can I make a difference?

QUESTIONS....questions questions! ! !!!!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment