Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 May 2018

Dyslexia and art... night 6

Well tonight painting was a task... I was doing the old apple again... night 6... I felt lacking energy in many ways. 

Another apple!! I paused for long enough... I had paint there waiting but feeling frustrated I didn't wanna paint another bloody apple... the same as the night before and before that...  

Rather than bin the paint already out I threw my pratice canvas on the floor and thought f**k it one more time

Looks more like a nectarine at moment funnily enough 🙄😉

While painting flat on the floor I felt a sense of better understanding... it was like I was dyslexic with my vision before and now it all was making sense ... the bigger scale and my willingness  to f**k it up seemed to get my energy and excitement .. the angle of the Apple against my own marks don't make sense right, but at the time made me feel like that is what I see... could this be a form of dyslexia but in an art form as well as spelling?

I wanted to try more.. welcome to the stage.. lemon and apple 2.. 






While the detail of the end result isn't here I had done in 3 mins something more that felt like me than I had ever done before..

I had to Google the dyslexia in art!!  I was surprised to learn that many famous artists also seem to suffer with this form of seeing and learning..   well maybe now I can't throw new life into my work by trying new things on a different level of looking..



For now my paint is used up for tonight but tomorrow I with play around with different view points and see if anything materializes...  I'm excited because not only may this answer many of my own learning issues but another psychology thing I can look up... art therapy does seem to be heading my way... thing is do dreams become reality? And at what cost?





No comments:

Post a Comment