Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Another look at still life continued


I think it helps to review and be honest with yourself about the marks you make, for me this is something I've been doing from the start.

The next day I'll go over bits again and slowly build up areas of weakness. You may not see these changes on the photos but adding little things like light and shadow do help lots. Plus some bits I feel go to dark and I have to lighten later. 

The bigger thing tonight was my shadows were all over the shop. I had to re-think this and decide where my light was gonna come from. This changed everything but for the better. I'm not afraid to redo pieces, but this has been a hard lesson to learn. Esp when you spend so long on doing something.

I've nothing to lose and for this I seem to be gaining better understanding. I'm finally close to being bloody happy for once with my art. Ive still lots to do and think about, like the table cover and legs. shadow underneath the table.  Even now I thinking maybe it will be a darker colour pink than the above for instance. 






all these fruit have been harder than I thought

still to dark




lacking depth in the sheep skull. wont touch it again unless I have time. notice the light croissant below too




Still to add these pearls. Plus Nathan did take a bite of the apple.


Next blog will include artist looked at and final images

No comments:

Post a Comment