Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Still life .. night and day 7 and 8



Still life set up.. I wanted to see how I view a whole scene with regards to how I worked before.. 4 and half hours I worked on this in class... it did seem like a lifetime but I did realise the the things I've learned lately seem to be in my mind throughout ... like drying and letting things dry.. walking away for a fresh take on things... overall I'm learning the difference between light shade and dark... negative space but also the fact I can get to a point and feel fright at what to do next... also colour mixing and having the right colour.














I think while the work is a progress and problem solving in itself. I do think I'm trying to slowly piece what im doing... maybe im workjng to blocky but the only way I can teach myself what works it to indeed see what mistake I take... 

Tonight I looked from the beginning of my drawing practices and I've left my paints at college... without being put off painting I got out my only 3 colours of house paint I had... household paint gives a working time and softness that I feel let's me blend better.. 

















For now I've to learn the small detail that helps the flower pop... but I will keep going and working nighty on this until I feel I'm grasping the paint enough to produce something of a whole... 


No comments:

Post a Comment