Powered By Blogger

Thursday 31 March 2016

In my shoes......(P)

Have had another idea for Photography brief!

My shoes.....Put yourself in my shoes.... what path does my life take.....where have they been?


Doing this course I have researched a lot....finding and losing myself, but also finding others views and inspiration.... I have during this course been battling with a condition called GAD... which is basically over thinking or worrying about everything and anything. It does effect my everyday living but because I've always had it, I'm only now acknowledging that it is part of me! After years of suffering in silence I'm accepting that it can either continue to have a negative effect on me (panic attacks, anxiety, fear) or I can use my somewhat different view to bring new positives to my world (precise thinking, knowledge, growth)  Spring is in the air and the seed of positive thinking has been planted... Lets turn and mix this around!




Research and Influencing Ideas I've seen this last year


SANE the black dog...                   Image result for sane heriot watt dog


At Borders College theThe Black Dog statue, named Watt-Woof and only the second of its kind in Scotland, is a permanent demonstration of Heriot-Watt’s support of the aims of the SANE Black Dog Campaign. http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/black_dog/

The W.H.O.(World Health Organisation) predicts that by 2030, depression will be the world’s most disabling condition. Yet despite being so common, there is still a great deal of stigma attached to depression which discourages people from speaking openly about it and seeking treatment.

I think that all this awareness of mental health is important nowadays. However, its also very sad that so many people are effected by it.
Changes in society, over working and over population all are factors that could be looked at...the very pressure we all give ourselves to succeed or achieve one a day to day basis.



Another thing I found on campus was posters about sexual identity.... Modern Day living seems to me very complicated for the people going through it... Sexual identity is how one thinks of oneself in terms of to whom one is romantically or sexually attracted.  Another example of how acceptance of ones self could bring mental health issues for many...Some living in silence.......While I cant relate to this I can understand the same importance of accepting or the anxiety of speaking out to family or friends. This could be hard, overlooked or silenced...

Light and Shade



notice my shadow behind 

Coming out into the light or hiding in the shadows.... I would like to capture my life and include light and shade.....Like the sun coming into a room...as simple as possible but a journey all the same...

To start this off I'm just going to take a pair of my old converse shoes everywhere..... Then snap them at random points in my day......
I've had these shoes for at least 12 yrs...old used but still in style a bit like me haha

I feel because the brief is so open to anything, I have to design some kind of plan.....So I think my shoes will be the main feature! Anything else with be either something simple and opportunist or something important with a hidden personal reason.  I've already had ideas on my own self and I feel that could be a good way of expressing myself or issues that others may relate to.

past blogs......

Photography Brief (P) I was asking questions of myself






in another I looked at a pair of working mans boots..... I guess a photo I'd happen to take as I thought they looked like life.....a hard life...or real life.....

first photo without edits
a lighter more fashion type look
maybe a more dark brutal feel....
I later did some edits to see if it changed the view or feel of them....
an earthy tone softer
I guess I do like the original and for me it gave me a feeling of natural working life..If I'd taken more time to view and look at it, I could of got a better image again. While it doesn't need edits I do like the different feel an edit can create.




mine and my childrens shoes





I've realised that while the meaning behind a photo is maybe important as a selling purpose or something of a personal meaning, a good photo doesn't have to have a real story or meaning at all. 
All I have to do is see what happens and enjoy the learning! 

Maybe I'll find something 

Maybe I won't!








No comments:

Post a Comment