Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 March 2016

Ever the sceptical (P)




Haining Workshop

Today 21st March we got a great opportunity to join a group workshop at The Haining House and Loch....

Reflections was the theme and because were doing a photography assessment also, we got the chance of bringing the two together.

At the beginning we were encouraged to ask the other groups what or why they were doing things. This would give us a better understandings as to how others think. Different views from an array of different individuals and groups of students. We were also told to go and explore the area.









After a walk near the loch and woodland (somewhere I'd been before) I couldn't help to notice all the dead wood and fallen trees. At this time of year new buds are coming through and I did like the two existing side by side next two each other. I also thought about how I was putting myself in the same place......we all were..... trying to create or add to the surroundings.......

We were given mirror glass and coloured glass to use. With this I thought about my own reflection and decided to draw around my own image in the mirror. My golden hair I decide to cut out with yellow glass and stick it to the mirror, using red for lips and brown to represent the distant trees around the loch, blue for the loch and green for the grass....

















I was getting a little bored playing with my mirror as couldn't find a place to put it so that when others looked in they would see themselves with my hair and lips on they image........

I went back to house and took out a sketch book and charcoal.......

without really thinking to much about what I was doing I drew some of the trees near me, I'll never drawn a tree before and I was bored .......Once done I thought about reflecting the blue glass onto my picture to add some colour into it....
 


dont know if u can see the blue....and its upside down!!

liked this glasses effects





Old tree I added some glass to! Why not sure really.... line form texture

Added a circle mirror in this old log to reflect house






I didnt think I really learnt much or that I made the most of the visit as I could of on this trip.........Speaking to other artists however was good and I enjoyed hearing ideas. Like, one man showing me the photos he took for ripples on the water. It was pattern and gave an unusual abstract pattern......Or the lady that took photos from inside and placed them to recreate some reeds models to place with the real reeds...taking the inside out.. However, can't help but feel it was just an arty farty bringing together of not very much. (talented people mind you) But just a little pointless for me all the same......
Dont see the purpose just like the idea of the readymades by Marcel Duchamp or Dada. For me it just begs the question why?

I forward to seeing the work everyone did at the exhibition later down the line. Or to be proved wrong as usual later, when the penny finally drops! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks to me like you did get something out of the day. Some good photographs and some interesting interventions - arty farty or maybe just a different experience that got you thinking? Looks like the second to me

    ReplyDelete