Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Seating plan and counter so far...Tutti Frutti..


Tutti Frutti Cafe

Seating Plan and Counter so far....

So after deciding not to go with the hexagon designs, I'm left with a blank canvas again.

My first thoughts since starting this project was to use photographic images for table tops. while researching this I found an London-based artist Elliot Walker created these stunning liquid glass sculptures for his series 'Still Life' which shows the color-bursting flesh of the sliced fruits or meat, made by cutting and polishing free blown and hot sculptured glass.



I think these would work great as table tops. I like how the colour is vibrant and wet/juice looking.

With the banana style bench idea I have for benches it will add a fun quirky aspect to the designs.

Around £1800 from DannyMay.co.uk

This would definitely be cheaper than American artist Jeff Koons. His stainless stain and mirror effect spray designs aresomething else and works like (orange dog) sold for $58.4 million...  Yes thats correct, u read it right $58.4 million.


Balloon Dog Orange
orange dog
koons-monkey
other works



While the size/scale and workmanship that goes into a piece like this is huge, I'm not sure how anybody would blow $58.4 million dollars on one!

cube like chunks of fruit and the glass tables




2 banana benches and another table...
This plan is to give a wow factor for the customers but add something different and fun to the Juice Bar............

2nd mood board .............
Before and after photo counter


This is where I've got to this far...... I've made extra boards that remove so I can change and easily try different design or images! Something the clients could play around with when presenting my ideas. Would have a menu hanging up here also, as its a big area think it can take a board here too. Plus the coloured lighting under the counter area. A glass shelf displaying clear glass bowls with fruit in them, Till and products like health bars for sale would be on display on the front counter. At the back sinks and blender area. Underneath fridge and small freezer, drawers for cutlery and a dish washer.
My plan



Currently science and technology make almost anything possible, inviting the spectacular and fantasy into the new world. The Surreal and minimalistic mixing with nature and science. Pushing the boundaries of real and virtual/fantasy is something I would like to bring to this project.  As to how I can achieve this in a week however is the problem.....Maybe will have to stick with having a strong design working with the stuff I've done already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment