Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 May 2016

Deception (P)

 My world My view,

I have been struggling with my final idea with my photography brief.

I've jumped from my home town, history, wallpaper, mental health etc......I guess these have played a big part in the last year of my life doing this course.. I've had to deal with, adapt to, sacrifice, learn and accept whats been and is still to come. The person I was and the person I'm becoming.

I LOVE HOW MUCH I HAVE CHANGED  my views, my world.

Learning is the act of acquiring new, or modifying and reinforcing, existing knowledge, behaviors, skills, values, or preferences and may involve synthesizing different types of information. The ability to learn is possessed by humans, animals, plants

I've been walking in the countryside a lot lately and with spring in the air I couldn't help but notice the new buds an flowers everywhere. However, the amount of dead wood in the forest seems to me to be rather a lot. In many of the woodlands I've been to the last few months I've noticed the lumbering thats happening. This was something that I thought was an interesting mix.

Image result for lumbering  Image result for lumbering Image result for lumbering

Roots 

Roots - can be the foundation of a tree but can represent your past and upbringing and history...

For this I thought about getting some logs and arranging them in a stack....... I wanted to take photos of the surface of the tree that had been cut and stick them to my actual log cuts........

Image result for tree trunk
to take this surface and place it onto my log
I thought that the idea was to deceive the viewer, to get them to look at the logs and wonder about the set up, the point or the meaning! Is it a structure? Is it about nature or deforestation? Texture or colour? Life itself?  Deception......

WHY

I think that we all deceive, its part of everything we do! On the outside we all pretend to be tough (bark)  But strip back the layers and we all have a centre filled with layers.....  ( heartwood)  

The heartwood consists of old cells and is the dead part of the tree that nevertheless provides
structural strength.  For me the tree is like our life, needing oxygen and a solid foundation to grow strong....Without these we don't.....  



Image result for making up of a tree and a human     For me, self discovery meant to branch out and ask questions, to accept what has been and adapt to my surrounding. While growing stronger all the same! Standing up in times of storms and different seasons, letting it pass while adapting to change!

Image result for tree roots

my hand that had paint on it could be mistaken for bark











Scars left by others
Image result for tree regrowth   
           Regrowth


I feel frustrated at the moment, I know what I want but seem to be lacking the enthusiasm or energy to actually get on and do.  I have so many ideas and a passion for each one but to actually take them further is when I end up disappointed..... Like the passion I feel I never seem to make it come out in my work.

Have to just get on with it I guess!








do like this one.... life / death - acceptance 














I would like to add paint (colour drippings over the stack of logs) manly red I think..... Red for the  representation of my passion (I'm passionate in all I do) but also to reflect my stories of abuse/control, mental health and the way red can be a significant and has a similar likeness of blood, our will to survive.....my own determination to improve myself and my abilities.

Red can awaken our physical life force, in can be used to promote a positive energy or a negative one to express anger or aggression!

RED will be a good contrast against my logs with the white, brown and green tones!



Now to motivate myself which means to stop typing and get my arse off this couch I guess!   

No comments:

Post a Comment