Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 April 2016

photos of tools (P) Tool aid rsearch

Looking at tools again




After looking at an old example test paper I decided to pick a topic that would give me an easy route from start to finish ...
Image result for tools
What does tool aid actually mean?

Tool = 
a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function.
"gardening tools"
synonyms: implement, instrument, utensil, device, apparatus, gadget, appliance, machine, contrivance, contraption, mechanism, aid; 


Aid =
help, typically of a practical nature.

When looking at a textile brief I decided I would show an idea for a 3d type cushion for a childs bedroom. Having young children and also a younger brother growing up I know to well the fun they have sawing pieces of wood (kitchen table leg or in my brother's case the chair leg)....


Boys enjoyed hammering and cutting bits of wood, that and cars, bikes, tractors, and trains.


Image result for childrens tools on cushion

I used soft pastels to draw a saw first, The way you can blend the pastels together but then go over them to highlight light and dark, shade and edges.



I was thinking of a soft fabric for a child friendly touch. Pastels could achieve this look...




Fun and I'm thinking coloured stitching would help to soften the look of the tool.


Image result for tools on cushion
Fun example  for children

Photo imagery......This is an easy idea to use I guess, as long as it has a descriptive reason and intention behind it
photo image cushion

I did some quick sketches and had the soft fabric of cashmere on mind for a more luxurious feel and example.....
 



I took some photos of tools also.......














No comments:

Post a Comment