Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 May 2019

Evidence of work (painting unit) (diary)

I've been trying to explore the oil paint for the mixed media unit. going back to the skulls I was thinking more of marks and line rather than colour. What marks of a brush leaves, the idea of an angle etc. I find it hard to know what direction to take the mark.







left to dry for now.


Below are the watercolour, coffee and tea experiments 








Started a self portrait... mmm ok! but again I noticed the brush marks have an important outcome



More skull work







The cement and plaster work mixed with paint to create bark etc







I like the bark effect but it did break and drop off once dried! Not sure how to stop this happening.

below filler work of skull. build up



painting stuff found in my bag.




Again more oil and linseed oil mixing. drying time , transparency 





Collage and type play









Modroc and cement sculpture. need stronger wire for armature!



Made bark with cement, plaster and paint
















No comments:

Post a Comment