Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Photography 10

My ten images.

 Edited slighty and to different degrees. 

The first one I used the tone curving option on my samsung. I think it warms the second image and gives it a different look. Brings it alive and gives it life.



Image 2 I've only used the vignette 52%. I felt the image didn't need much else. I'm not sure it adds anything. Maybe actually takes away.





The foxy one wasn't so clear, to make out the detail I used the backlight tool and set the image to 
nostalgia
Aperture f1.7
Exposure time 1/970s
ISO 40
No flash 



Next was a city corner. I wanted to see if turning the image to black and white gave it an aged look?

I do think it works well and brings thoughts of remembrance. It brings out the building and drags it forward. The hiding I feel has importance and style..




Cropping the below image I think helps the flow of the eye, While I only adjusted the colour a little, the cooler image does send it back as an older picture, but overall does not make for a better picture. I think having the time to review I would keep the blue of the bike and nothing else.. I do like the red flowers too! Maybe the green of the shop canopy. 




The next one I've cropped and lightened the light/backlight slighty . In doing so I feel I've lost some of the colour in the sky. The bigger grey clouds! Apart from that fact I think the crop improved the image.



I've flipped the picture in the second image  and just grayscaled to try and fake the clouds as a reflection. The only thing that lets is down is the blur in the hill which is in the water. Maybe some enhanced or blur with help this. Will try this out. I do actually prefer the second image as the clouds look amazing in comparison 




Trying to make the church an older image I decided to play with the effects, I added cookies and cream effect and played with contrast, exposure and brightness on my phone. This is an image I'm on the bench about. Part of me likes the coloured image.. because I know it where my grandmother may have been buried gives me a sense of then rather than Now! And so it makes me question how a personal touch can effect your view.. 



This next image is one of a personal effect, the before and after effect of alcohol.. the idea of being in need of a let go and relaxed hug. The false insecurity one gets from having a couple of glasses of wine to relax and then the regret one feels afterwards knowing it hasn't helped. A memory of the hey all is good until u realise the shit is still there and the path is still the same.. if you look at the second picture, the behind parts shadows etc in the images of the glass and bottle, do you think  it looks like a landscape? Cut up and pieced/ merged together to make a whole different perspective. mind you I've drank the evidence and it was in fact a moment of an actual thought.. can u make out a landscape chopped up and in some ways pieced as one image.. behind the fact it was just a glass and bottle! Again see what u will.. can you trust what you see? 


Memory effect


I guess I'm thinking everyone sees things differently and what one person sees can be something different to what someone else takes from it. A feeling and message a question!.. what makes a nice image.. does it have a hidden meaning and does it actually matter. Would an alcoholic see the same idea or is it just put into your mind like that because I've suggested It? Maybe It is about loss....  loss of control? Loss of question. Loss of enlightenment or is it just a snap of a moment in time ? Who's time and what is the story we each have to share! 

My world my view or it is? Are these even my own images? My views ? 




No comments:

Post a Comment