Powered By Blogger

Saturday 13 January 2018

Metaphorically correct

Mapping my mind and body as it turns out now. The path I'm living is coming out in my work for all different reasons. Its almost like changing images are evolving with my different thoughts and feelings. I love this idea and while it kinda makes me cringe slightly at the graphic nature of how the work is coming along, its not really about my body it was more me thinking about feminist and my thoughts of how I as a women have been programmed into the world of others ideals and not what I really think or even know! To the men that abused me as a teenager and the fact that it left me silent inside until now. Suppressed in some ways. I've made my body parts big and exaggerated so it's a shock factor idea rather than a ideal characterics of a small soft body. People don't want to be given some things and the idea of taking them fills them with energy and something I'm not sure what. I always wanted to understand why people do things like that to someone. Or to be mean for the sake of It!! Now the truth is I'm glad I don't understand it cos to understand you have to live it. Thankfully thats not me. But the work is more to the me I'm becoming. I'm settled in the fact that changes come about and while the good bad and ugly can effect us all it can be about the bigger picture of growth. 

Nature for me has helped me to understand many of my thoughts. Walking the dog the peace and the ever changing seasons do touch a part of me that is only mine. The Mother Nature from the last painting to a theme is something I enjoying thinking about. I had thought about colours and the meaning behind them. but it truth I think the colour can choose the image.  

I will work on this for some more time and I think I will feel it when its finished. If it changes again then I will let it.



I first added a colour only to get me a better idea of the shadows etc with the intention to paint over.













Colours I'm thinking are yellows and gold against a pearly white.  I think they have energy and the gold power.. kinda a fauvism style.







So that was then and this is now... Friday night.




I like this scratching back.







No comments:

Post a Comment