Powered By Blogger

Monday 15 January 2018

Tracey Emin (P)



Below are a mix of Tracey Emin mono prints and other works. I've looked at the prints for my printmaking but if truth her works aren't just prints it can be a mood or a dairy a way of communicating her thoughts and feelings. 

I'm thinking I may also do some mono prints for my Painting to a theme topic. I think by making a quick mark on paper it may very well help me with the final with regards to form etc. 
I do like the truth and explosive nature of her work and you do get a great sense of feeling from them. 

Her spelling that sometimes sits next to the drawn image can add another level of interest. Many times her spelling is wrong and this I believe is something that either just happens because of the speed she produces a piece. She also said if she doesn't know the spelling she with just write what she thinks it should look like. 

not sure if this is ink drawing?



I like the simple line and marks she makes which in itself brings and shows her confidence and ability  The one of the women that looks a little bit cubist I think is beautiful but I can't help but feel it was more of a happy accident.

Some for me work better than others and its the meaning and the hidden side of the work that pulls me in. I still don't really enjoy her work but the idea and story behind it for me is of great interest.  I think she was one of the first artists that make me consider the push of showing my true thoughts of my feelings. Expression and a way of pulling out the thoughts in a different manner. I commend her honest approach to her works. For me they seem as sticky as her .........



                                           








No comments:

Post a Comment