Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 December 2016

If it doesn't stick (*)

The collagraph was to represent the bar-codes and camera parts of the phones.

The collagraph before printing.

collagraph print I'd cut out and used if different parts of project


 Here I was putting all my finds and fabrics/parts together to try and produce the internal and exterior of the phones textures..... While the cracks and outer surfaces were to be the wore (I was originally looking at) I felt I couldn't ignore or disregard the internal parts that were visible.







At one point the living room was covered in my things.... It was fun and feel it I was an organised mess.... But it does show the importance of having a studio or place to be creative... Having children is another thing that I'm up against - my space and time itself is limited... While I wouldn't have it any other way I do feel pressure of this when trying to find my own personal space to create.....





 Glue glue glue. I love PVA and if this does work and dry I'm one lucky bugger.... I've stuck everything with PVA...... haha.



 Tissue paper works great for the shine and texture of the phone...... I do feel I need to cover some of the parts still and I may use silver spray paint on glass to do this.....







Here you can see the bar code and greens coming through. I will probably cover some of this but I do feel it had to be put in at the time....




I still have lots of parts from my phones I'd broken up... I dont want to over do the project so going to think of what and where to go with it now.... I have in against my wall in living room so I can review and look at it at my leisure .....ha leisure that sounds nice!     As I type I've got my son demanding I play... OK ok...

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! Real sense of play and genuine investigation.

    ReplyDelete