Powered By Blogger

Thursday 15 December 2016

Jim Dine (printmaker)

Jim Dine

What it says about him, Dine is inspired by the power of simple images to be both familiar and symbolic. His repetitions of tools, bathrobes, or hearts are easily understood by the viewer, while also suggesting deeper layers of meaning. He often works with subjects and images from his childhood, giving his work both a sense of innocence and shared nostalgia.

Source http://www.theartstory.org/artist-dine-jim.htm

Jim Dine:

something so mystical and fairy enchanting about this print........I liked the detail and contrast in tone...It has movement you can sense a wind blowing the flowers... looks a little like an illustrative effect.

Jim Dine 'The Side View' 1996 etching:
love the lines, it adds a aged look and a wear and tear feel of the past life.... little eerie but this adds to its feel.....cant help but think another couple of objects would of added another level...... maybe I'm thinking of a still life thing.....

Jim Dine, With Aldo Behind Me, 2008, etching, drypoint and mechanical abrasion

Jim Dine, With Aldo Behind Me, 2008, etching, drypoint and mechanical abrasion, 133.4 x 111.1 cm  Edition of 15; Courtesy Alan Cristea Gallery:

With the tools I like the flash of light you get like a reflections of shine...... simple and detailed in a very photographic style.....

jim dine | Jim Dine, ‘[no title]’ 1973:

This reminds me of my work and I sense the enjoyment of everything around you being art.....everyday objects looked at and studied, as well as fit for purpose.

I like the diverse subject matters and the different feeling each one provokes ..



I like the loneliness this heart etching creates inside me..... big and bold.. &...full (look how 3d it looks compared to the background) yet just there! like its awkwardly been placed there. it shouldn't be there!  I think I would like it in dark green also


I think I would like to study some more of his work.... but for now the little look has shown me a different look at etchings and drypoint etc as a more illustrative sense.... Its like all of these are like little studies for something else (scrapbook)      I like how real they feel.  I think timeless studies.

Jim Dine:




Jim Dine, Strelitzia, from Temple of Flora:  jim dine:



Jim Dine, Dried Liatris in a Bernard Leach Pot, 1976:

Jim Dine | Prints | Works on Paper | Watercolours - Jim Dine - Tools:

so many different subjects.... I like his work....but at different ends of a scale...(1) as a mixed media or (2) because/for its very basic detailing...Like the above cutters, its simple true and basic... but that's the stillness I like.....

No comments:

Post a Comment