Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Tonal still life (1)

Still Life
Today we started setting out a still life by using a ground to paint in the objects using a tonal process. As usual I found this fun but exhausting, trying to get everything in the correct position.  I kinda failed but I did learn so much from this. The way Im lazy with my eye thinking im actually looking but not really looking at all and I'm always wanting to block whole objects in instead of adding a tonal build up. 





I found it hard to overpaint my mistakes and I felt I'd ended up with a bit of a mess.. I so wanted to start again and it was a task in itself to continue. 



While many things are wrong I'm very much excited to try this set up again and maybe think of how to take my time through out is something I'd like to try and achieve 


Below is some edits that I was trying out to see what changes it could make. 




No comments:

Post a Comment