Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 December 2017

street photography

When you are pursuing your own photography, don’t try to just make interesting images. Rather, try to pursue the “sense of place” of wherever you are photographing,
"William Klein "


So last weekend I had a wee trip away. While I only had my mobile for photographs I found myself trying out street photography in Edinburgh airport then more so at the Amsterdam airport.

I found that some people where happy to comply with me photographing them, however, not all.

The ones that did I take my hat off too. 




happy lady posing for me


Man waiting to welcome someone special
I love this image. Happy and natural 
I will remember these images forever as the interaction with the people was a pleasure in itself. I liked working with them and it was so easy and fun.While it was over in a matter of seconds and I'll never know they names it was for me a touching moment. Not everyone was happy to play along but I now cant even remember who they were or even looked like. The two men here however, I wont forget.









The repeat patterns I do like but at this angle I didn't think they gave me much








The black and white images do give a scene of long ago or the past. I like the street and people walking in black and white the best. 

I think this is something I'm happy to walk on more. Trouble is finding the time. I know my friends were sick of me stopping for pictures of random people and I did feel rushed and somewhat upset I missed so many good shots. 

To think I'm happy spending my days looking down a lens or in a gallery alone is in itself a sign of just how much my world has changed indeed. I have to make time for myself now.


No comments:

Post a Comment