Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 December 2017

painting to a theme ideas



Autumn Days





can you believe how blue the sky is?





This one I do enjoy and I like how the trees are in the background. With the foreground I'd like to bring out more detail. Maybe my mushrooms images could be added as a view of a mouse or from a ground level looking up.




For my next part I think I will try and look at ways of creating this scene with paint etc. I'm frightened to start it because I don't know where to start it. I might try editing the image first to see what this does with regards to making the image simple.


Textures everywhere, makes me just want to touch and lift and smell....


I like how the embankment comes down at an angle towards the tree in centre. Then the ferns settle at the bottom. The trees branches take your eye up  and the background trees find a resting point for you to overview the whole image


Paul Cezanne

This said cezanne but from the bottom two images the style looks very different.
Without being a critic I think the work of cezanne seems like a underpainted tonal work that he has just slowly added to. I really like the movement. When I out in the forest I'm with the dog and I'm never just standing. This reminds me of this.
The light to it is magical.


Ivan Shishkin



These works are very representational and nice but I'm not sure they have enough energy and I'm not up to that standard.


To begin with I will collect and draw leaves plants scrubs etc







I've found with the hand drawing the more you look and study the object the closer to understanding it u become.  It's so easy to think you can just create and paint something without actually looking.. its a lot harder than it looks in many cases. Lessons I'm learning the hard way. 
Below is a canvas I'd done for a brief last year, it's been stood behind my bedroom door for to long.. I've decided to take it back to the start and see what may come of it.. 




stripping it back



I sanded the really rough edges away but kept some of the texture. I hope in doing this the marks may speak to me regarding my next move.. the white coating I did because I feel it needed a blank canvas a fresh so to speak..  



Next I added pva


And soil, using my hands to rub and pat down the two



Next I had to mix paint with soil. Truth is I ran out of pva. I do it sticks but if not I will deal with it when it happens


When out on walks I said before I never wanted to paint the landscape but the textures. This is the first work I've done that creates something close to how I felt in these moments

One of the things I've found hard is scaling my work down. In truth when I think of doing or creating I feel it should be a life size image in front of me. So I can sculpt what is in front of me with my hands and move, almost dance with the mediums.. Feeling it and breathing it.


The smell of the moss and wet soil was something that added to the making.


Comparing textures. real moss against my muddy mess. I need to see how it dries before doing much more. Id like to capture the light and where it hits and well as a pretty picture etc




My colours were a little light in places. the reason I darken in places was only to help my own eye.





This is an upside down image but I wanted a light backdrop to again give me a starting point



I think I'd flipped this image but my first layer is done. I know need to think of the next stage and how and what the images are to be of. Many people probably don't work like this but I've found in past most of my works happen in a lot of research then boom on day I just throw myself into it.

I do wish I could plan more but I think Im still learning baby steps and so far I'm happy finding the things that interest me. I fill lucky I can do this and somewhat happy I can't just put pencil to paper and create a masterpiece. Im beginning to stand on my own two feet and even without knowing what it is I'm doing ..... I'm doing it all the same... alone


added bits of moss to see what happens to it doing painting process




No comments:

Post a Comment