Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 May 2017

Visual Recording Finish

Finish for Visual Recording. 


You are being asked to construct a drawing based assemblage / collage / structure that is informed by your still life, figure or architectural studies

I've basically ran out of time here and it was a last minute race to the finish. 




Inspired by the churches and graveyards... This headstone in front of the church I liked.



On a sewing machine I created line drawing of people. I liked the outcome and model like qualities they had.

inspired by jenny saville line drawings/Sarah Walton
Sarah Walton - I make embroidered illustrations on my sewing machine, using the needle as my pencil, I combine colours and patterns to create illustrations.


Image result for sarah walton embroidery  Image result for sarah walton embroidery



I also looked at



Image result for Lauren DiCioccio


Lauren DiCioccio explores the palpable impact of mass-produced media; magazines, newspapers and plastic bags have all been used as inspiration, and the imagery found on them as the basis for work that is powerful and provocative. But the artist also seeks to engage the viewer with a sense of nostalgia; as these types of media become more and more obsolete, her work acts as a reminder of times gone by.





St pauls Church is one I looked at also.


Image result for st pauls church galashiels


I didn't execute great detail with this which  I had regretted. I wished I'd given myself more time to study the detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment