Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 June 2018

surface pattern


Jonas Wood is an American artist best known for his innovative and densely patterned paintings of domestic interiors, landscapes, and sports events. Based in Los Angeles, Wood is known for his blocky, graphic aesthetic which renders his paintings and prints as both visually inviting and simultaneously flat.




Fairfield Porter was an American artist who produced representational paintings during the heyday of Abstract Expressionism. 



Liam Gillick is a British contemporary artist often associated with relational aesthetics. He has worked in a variety of media, including sculpture, printmaking, architecture, graphic design, film, and music. 




Callum Innes












John Wilkins

A clear day




Hirst





so after looking at all these designs i'm still unsure where or what to do. 

After walking with the dog I couldn't help but notice the texture of the brown slug we encountered.







I began thinking of a ladies shirt. The gold and silkiness I think made me think of dresses or a shirt... I'm not designer and for me I find it hard to know what approach is best.. just make and do and see what happens I guess.. 


Saint Laurent Women's Metallic striped silk-blend chiffon shirt Black and gold silk-blend chiffon 93% silk 7% metallic fibers 


I was thinking along the style of a silky satin type top half for the dress and the texture from the waist down. I think the shine and texture would have to be considered as I'm unsure of my fabric etc. 


Started to make examples







So I folded the fabric testers and soaked them in the mix of fabric paint... 
See what happens tomorrow 









No comments:

Post a Comment