Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 February 2018

painting to a theme... continued


The filler dry I decided to work on my painting to a theme project again. I feel like as I swap and change my topics so often I sometimes lose the piece...the project. Its hard to go back to the place in my head I felt at the time. Like the seasons my thoughts feelings and work are changing all the time.

Firstly I started to rub some of the mud I'd collected that very day... Having the textures, smell and medium, I enjoyed the rubbing and feeling of the action. My senses began to come alive.  The texture of the filler and the paint was another interesting mix... Once I brushed it on I took a rag and rubbed the paint around, lifting some of the paint off as I went..




I was thinking of the shadows and darker area at the time. The brown and green seemed fitting with regards to the colour of nature.... Pure and human with a mix of us all living and breathing connecting as one....

Thinking of other textures I sharpen a pencil and the dust that was left behind I thought would be great to highlight areas or use like that of the same thing of glitter on a homemade... . Pva and glitter brought back a childlike innocence.. throwing filler onto wet paint also, I wanted to know if it would congeal together as a paste. The throwing action felt good and I did put power in my throw..




Thinking of the satellite images you see as a mapping idea, my work seemed to be taking the look of the that.. while again is kinda fitting.. ... The marks of the sea and land have interesting texture.









As I continued I couldn't help but feel how amateur like the thing looked..... Something isn't working.... Im unsure what as yet....Maybe I'm trying to hard... Maybe it is nothing. I don't really know... But what I do know is when I get immersed in a work the fun, joy and distraction I feel is great. Its not for me about the finish... Its more about the action and actual doing.


So the path it has taken from start to nearly finished.






















No comments:

Post a Comment