Powered By Blogger

Friday 9 March 2018

Painting to a theme continued again

 Another layer of medium... So far I've done 

  • mud and paint mix
  • acrylic
  • glitter and chalk
  • pva/painted 
  • household paint
  • oil paint
  • mosses and tree bark
  • handmade green paper with plant incorporated
  • spit
From the beginning I've wanted to bring together my journey and walks in nature together with the texture and patterns I see in the everyday. For me I've never wanted to paint a landscape, Ive just wanted to create the feel and the life of the places.

While I doing this I've realised that as quickly as my thoughts and feeling changes so does my work... 

For me, I think having a break in between work stops me achieving what I started out doing.   I think of this as a weakness because I drift for different thoughts and feeling.  I sometimes lose my energy and find it hard to recreate the same enthusiasm I had started out with.  

My work isn't what I had started out envisioning. 









I did love the hands on rubbing of the mud and moss

I like all the textures here. A mix of everything thrown intogether



my eyes are bringing together memory of a satellite images of cloud and sea here. The darker blue against the lighter looks like areas of depth. see below

satellite image of dead sea area


Another satellite image for reference. I don't really look at these till afterwards. I just make in the moment.. I've no planning which is a downfall maybe.. 


Starting to build up the higher area. I feel if I could do it again, I would map the areas I'd walked  and recreated them. This would be of more arty thinking and a selling point. Instead I've been two steps forward and one step back. 

The human part I feel is gonna be lost and hidden of the mapping but in a way I do like the idea. Mother earth me and nature all mixed together as one, like the energy I feel when I'm outside

snowy mountain tops



Next I added my paper, why not I've actually added everything else so what harm can it do? I do think I've needded to do this because I'm learning. Its to much I think but also a very important part of my study. How else can I create and feel what I'm doing.




Oh god look at it !! haha its a bit erm    wobbly









I'm gonna let the paint and paper dry and hope fot the best.  I think next time i'd of done things differently. First I'd of not built up the areas of filler so much... I'd of created more of an illusion with paint and shadow. I had wanted to rip the breast area off. Instead I've let it stay... The thigh area I think could of been more curvy like that of my own body. The gap and coutours of the areas my body makes. It seems top heavy and somewhat uneven. 

I do however like parts of the texture from the first mosses I had placed in... The green and brown is painted with the mix of colours I see outside and this I guess it the theme. 

I always feel that when the time comes to hand in I'm always at the point of knowledge that, ok I know now what to do and should start again. It is what is it, I enjoyed singing and painting while I work and I realise that while doing it, it seems to take me into a happy place mentally. I strong and confident in my unsure making. I've learn more about the happy side of me that I think I have forgotten about in the busy everyday life. I look forward to my next year with the idea of bringing my learning to another level. Artist and art history and well as the psychology behind art is definitely somewhere I wanted go to. 




No comments:

Post a Comment