Powered By Blogger

Friday 25 November 2016

My First Still Life (watercolour) contains images of dead birds!


My First Still Life 

I don't have my first actual watercolour but this is the second one I decided to do.  The first one I felt that I tried to hard and didn't give myself enough freedom to experiment with the medium. I made time for myself to do another painting.

This time I wanted to add an outline with fine liner. I had thought that the ink was waterproof......After a small test I covered my paper and ink with water.......OOPS   so the fine liner was not waterproof after all. It bled, I decided I didn't have the time to start again and continued regardless.

I wanted to keep the colours light and try to see how to highlight with the medium. I found it gave me a greater understanding of how this medium works.  I would like to practice more.

After been offered these birds, I've took some photos that I intend to paint but also  incorporate into a still life with other things I have around the house.




I have many other picture but you get the idea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment