Powered By Blogger

Sunday 23 October 2016

Kevin Greenfield Photography


Kevin Greenfield 
Photography


Today, 19/10/16 we had a class talk from Kevi Greenfield.  He was informative and I enjoyed watching his slides as well as listening to his talk. For me the real truth was the facts that crop up again ad again.
  • love for the art/work your doing and a real interest
  • being willing and able to adapt
  • research and keeping up to date with technology
Kevin had always had a interest in photography and from what he said an inquisitive mind regarding it ever since the teenager years and his dad buying him his first camera at age 15. After school Kevin worked and traveled. He was a runner for television/film at one point working his way up to an actual cameraman. He had also worked in a camera shop which helped with costs for his equipment.. His love for the camera never left him and since settling down later on he has had the opportunity ad satisfaction to work in different fields of photography.

Some of these include : wedding and styling, corporate, artists work ad profiles, charities, food, interiors, brochures and outdoors, climbing and mountain biking, action for children, game and field shoots, furniture

So as you can see a lot of variety.

I found Kevin's talk great, exciting informative and his knowledge you can tell is learnt. A man that has worked at getting to this standard he's at.......He told us that competition (Amateurs ,well not really the same standard as him) at wedding photography had helped push him into adapting to changes. As he put it, its your bread and butter so you do the work that pays. Luckily a good portfolio and word of mouth has helped over the years. Connections and good team helps as well as keeping up to date. 
Lighting was another thing that helps play out the imagery. Very important.

TAKE PHOTOS

3 or 5 picture story
This was my favorite part of his talk because i found the idea so easy yet genius. To take three photos that tell the story. So overall scene - main shot. close up/equipement/style , one person or object maybe. think about landscape or portrait as this can change a scene's feel.



I liked the connection I made with the idea that because he learnt his processes with a tough old style of discipline at college, this set him up for a standard to take into working life forever. The standard was set. This rang true for myself and my decorating. I had a tough boss who never told me I'd done good....I wasn't ever good enough....he'd tell me there is always something that could be done better and by god he'd find it. He would hut for something- anything from a spot one the floor to rough cut line. missed bit etc. I learn to do a good job first time round and to a very high standard. It wasn't till I left that I realised that it was a great thing to have gained for the little bit of extra effort Id but in.

Also just read that Michelanglo said 'if people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all! 

It so true.........Kevin was a great inspiration however, while I do feel photography is a massive importance to a artist or designer it is definitely not a road I want to head to far down. Basic knowledge and kept up to date maybe at best for reasons of display and cataloging work or documenting progress etc.


kevin given talk












Some of the picture examples of his work/portfolio were amazing in scenery composition and colour.  The detail being so clear. This is a couple but I dont do justice to them on my quick snap copies



No comments:

Post a Comment