Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 April 2018

skull... 1st ideas surface pattern


Skull for surface pattern

I was thinking of a repeat pattern design that is simple. I feel I want to keep my briefs on a similar theme. I'm doing this to free up some time for actual drawing time. I feel while my drawing is getting better, the way I struggle to see what is in front of me can only be improved with practice.



I started by using a grid reference to be able to show the exact angles... Again something I find  difficult to do. Next I photocopied my sketch onto watercolour paper so I could easily try different colour practices. This saved me so much time. Now to simplify my design to basic but important  finish. After this I will upload onto the computer for editing.  






shadow underneath I thing is something I need to add at this stage. The skull is floating.





Next I did two quick mono prints to see what shade and texture that would create.




I still feel the 3d feel is missing :(

I intend to paint this skull for my end of year progress final. If I know the object I can have an easier understanding of where and what marks I need for better execution.



No comments:

Post a Comment